Week of May 4-9 2009
Daily Activities
Hello everyone. My name is Jaguar Sasmito and I am Senior here at Proctor Academy. Today was my first day of senior project. If you didn't know, my project is to prepare and perform a senior recital of classical music at the end of these next few weeks. I'm very excited and hope that you all will enjoy following along here on my blog and who knows, you may even be kind enough to come to the final concert. However, we will talk more about that later. For now let's focus on the events of today. Today was a fun filled adventure down in Boston, MA. I was in Boston to go to the Italian General Consulate. Why you ask... well, after my third College audition I was invited to Oberlin Conservatory of Music's Italian abroad program this summer. As you can imagine I was very excited, however before I can go on this unique cultural and musical experience I have to acquire a student visa. This pertains to my senior project because some of the work I will do on this project is to learn the music for the two operas that I will be performing in this summer: La Rondine and Gianni Schicchi. I arrived at the Italian Consulate at 10 am. I had to show them a 3 inch thick folder of all the paperwork that I had to complete just to get my visa. I was there for 2 hours, only to find out that my letter of acceptance to the program had to be in Italian, mine was in English. Luckily the man I was working with was very kind and sent my paperwork through, saying, "You must come back and give me an original and a photocopy of the letter." (Italian accent). So I am currently waiting for the letter to get my visa, but in the meantime I will be working on my music selections in the practice room along with getting coachings with professional singers. Who are these professionals I speak of? Keep checking my blog and find out. I have a lesson with one tomorrow....A demain (See you tomorrow)

Sounds like you made a new friend...Nice job blogging about your first day on Project. Have you made arrangements for you performance?
ReplyDeletePretty exciting, Jaguar! It sounds like you have quite a summer ahead of you. I can't wait to come to your final concert! Good luck!
ReplyDelete