Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 9/ New Scores!!

Thursday:
My scores finally came for Gianni Schicci and La Rondine!!! Finally, I can begin learning the music for this summer. After speaking with Kris we decided that I needed to identify my part throughout the whole score and learn about the background of the operas before playing one note. And so I hurried of to the bookstore in search of a highlighter. Unfortunately by that time, the bookstore was closed. So I had to put my rehersal on pause for a bit. I decided to work on my Quilter pieces. All three of them are so gorgeous that I find myself quite emotional each time I sing through them. I hope I do them justice. I have to say that Roger Quilter is truly one of my favorite composers. His musical organization coupled with the words of Shakespear form into a beautiful work of art. I cannot wait for you all to hear these pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment