Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 6/ Monday

MONDAY:
Today served as a strict day of practice. I studied video of Pavarotti during the hours of 8:15 am- 9:15 am in order to improve on my Italian pronunciation. I utilized these videos for two of my Italian selections: Vaga Luna Che Inargenti by Bellini and O Del Mio Amato Ben by Donaudy. Afterwards, I left for the chapel and practiced from 10:00 am - 11:50 am. I began with a nice warm hum and continued with onsets. Once I felt that I was sufficiently warmed up I did my best to play my two Italian pieces on the piano, then I sang them on a neutral vowel to solidify the notes. I then did my best with the Italian, which made me very appreciative of my future overseas experience. I cannot wait until I learn the skills to study Italian music without depending on Kris. I made great process on my Italian selection today and I will be working on my Quilter group tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment