When I woke up today I felt horrible. My head hurt, my nose was runny, my throat sore, and I was extremely dizzy. How on Earth was I going to work today? I decided that my vocal health needed to take priority. I was going to take a vocal health day. This means that I talk as little as possible in order to give my vocal cords time to heal. However, a vocal rest day does not mean I was unproductive, quite the opposite.
I was able to get a lot of research done for my program notes. I was also fortunate enough to be in contact with a pianist to play for both me and Kristen.
Now other than book work, I was still able to practice. This was a different form of practice. Rather than using my voice, I stuck to breathing, rhythm, and dynamic exercises. I marked my music for dynamics I may make, and played though each piece again. I hope my voice feels better soon. I miss singing.

No comments:
Post a Comment